Tailored Interior Design Consultations will provide you with value – 9 reasons why we charge for the first home visit
If you google ‘Interior Designer near me’ you’ll know that a long list of designers appear. So how do you sift out who’s a good fit or not?
Finding the right interior designer for you can be challenging, but it’s essential to choose someone who understands your vision and needs.
A phone or video call followed by a home visit is a great way to assess their compatibility.
But should that visit be free or should you expect to pay for it?
In this article about why an Interior Design Consultation should provide you with oodles of value, here are 9 reasons why we make a charge for the first visit to your home and what you can expect in return for your investment.
1. Our professional approach to interior design consultations ensures that you receive substantial value for your investment. We charge for the first home visit because we treat it as a dedicated professional consultation meeting from the start.
2. When you inquire about our interior design services, it means you have a problem you need solving and a specific goal in mind. Whether it’s lack of time, creative flair, or local contacts and knowledge, we aim to understand your situation during the initial call. The more information you can provide us with the better.
3. Unlike some other design firms, we believe in thorough preparation before visiting your home. We ask you to answer some questions beforehand too, so that you’ll get the most of the time we have together. We conduct extensive research to gather information and ideas that will help you overcome hurdles and begin the process of helping you to achieve your desired outcomes.
4. During the home visit, we strive to provide valuable advice, address your concerns, and share initial ideas. We understand that as a homeowner, you expect solutions and guidance. Holding back ideas during free visits can be unproductive and frustrating, so we aim to give you our professional expertise upfront.
5. Think of an interior design consultation as a visit from a consultant doctor. You wouldn’t expect the doctor to only discuss the pain you’re experiencing without providing a diagnosis and treatment plan. Similarly, we aim to make an immediate difference in your life by offering ideas and suggestions during our paid consultation.
6. While some interior designers may offer free visits, we believe in delivering great value and advice by sharing preliminary ideas and suggestions without reservation. This allows you to witness our expertise in action and make an informed decision about whether we are the right fit for your high-end project.
7. What about builders and architects and some trades people visiting your home without charging I hear you ask? It’s a good question and probably the main reason why someone would assume that interior designers would do the same. When comparing interior designers to builders or architects, it’s important to note that many architects charge for consultations when they share ideas. Interior design is different, as some people may attempt it themselves. However, those who recognize the emotional and long-term benefits of professionally designed spaces as well as the increase in value of their property understand the importance of investing in our services.
8. If you’re not looking to hire a designer for your entire project, an interior design consultation can still set you on the right path with valuable ideas and advice. It ensures you have the necessary guidance to make informed design decisions.
9. We stand behind the value of our paid first consultation. We are confident that it will provide you with actionable advice and substantial benefits. In fact, we offer a guarantee: if you don’t feel satisfied with the consultation, we will refund the cost. It’s a win-win situation for both parties.
To discuss your quality residential interior design project or book a consultation, please get in touch via the contact form on our website or email us at . Our consultation charges start at £399 based on the number of rooms and distance travelled.